A healthy planet is the foundation for a healthy global population, and human health cannot be advanced without healthy planetary systems such as fresh water, clean air, and a stable climate. The direct yearly financial costs of degrading natural systems are predicted to be US$2-4 billion by 2030. And yet, there is currently a lack of guidance for businesses on how to leverage their strategies in a way that simultaneously accelerates change across both climate change and public health. To bridge this gap, Forum for the Future, in collaboration with Walgreen Boots Alliance, GSK Consumer Healthcare, and Bupa has over 2020-21 explored the interconnection of these critical challenges and how businesses can take action.
Join this event to explore:
• What are the interconnections of climate and health? How might they strengthen in the 2020s?
• How can businesses deliver positive outcomes for both issues through supply chain strategies, products and services, advocacy, and partnerships? What opportunities exist for cross-sector collaboration to consider how to drive co-benefits on two of today’s biggest global challenges?
• Jane Burston, CEO, Clean Air Fund
• Richard Ellis, VP, Corporate Social Responsibility, Walgreen Boots Alliance
• Dr. Paula Franklin, Chief Medical Officer, Bupa
• Teri Lyng, Sr VP, Head of Transformation & Sustainability, GSK Consumer Healthcare
• Dr. Sally Uren, CEO, Forum for the Future